Venue Spotlight - Barrique Kitchen and Wine Bar

1:41 PM

Last Saturday night the hubby and I stopped at the kitchen and wine bar Barrique and I was floored. They actually had me at "wine bar" (ok, they had me at "wine") and then completely sold me on the laid back atmosphere and rustic decor...so Provencial!

I was instantly transported to the French Countryside with the exposed brick walls and big farm table. This table is perfect for large groups. You can reserve an area for up to 15 people but if you have over 40 the place is yours in the afternoon (usually from 11:30 to 3:oo). They have a great menu of straightforward dishes like lamb chops with sauteed spinach, crispy onion and rosemary jus or farm house chicken with mushroom bread pudding and white wine veloute...YUM. But the best part is that the plates are small with the intention of trying many with different wines. I would love to say this is a great way to dine out and control your portion size but who am I kidding? I am SO ordering at least 2 meals for myself!

Again, the design is fun and different - hello fringed chandelier over the bar...I think I like you! Not to mention our batender was super knowledgable about wines and very excited about the restaurant in general. And he didn't mind me shamelessly taking pictures.

Oh, and did I mention the HUGE selection of wines by the glass, half bottles and full bottles? And in a temperature controled unit they have really special bottles that are sold by the 2 ounce pour (like Opus One at around $25 for 2 ounces).

So keep Barrique in mind next time you have a bridal shower, engagement luncheon or even a birthday party to plan for the wine lovers in your life.





You Might Also Like

0 comments